How to Help
HOW TO HELP
There are many different opportunities for you to support the Frederick County 4H Therapeutic Riding Program. We hope you will look over the following list and consider supporting this valuable Program in whatever way you are able to contribute.
SPONSOR A RIDER
The Sponsor a Rider program allows an organization or individual to sponsor one of our riders for a full year at a cost of $1000. Check out DONATIONS AND GRANTS page on our web site for previous Rider Sponsors.
SPONSOR A HORSE
Most of our horses and ponies have been donated to our program; and for most, we are a second chance at a wonderful new career. These horses have found a home where they can still serve and are highly valued and loved by the TRP family
Many of our equines are geriatrics, some with physical disabilities, who can no longer serve active riders and show careers. Some of the Program’s horses receive supplements for arthritis, asthma, joint pain. Check out OUR HORSES page on our web site, pick one to sponsor for $1,000 for a full year.
WORK PLACE CAMPAIGNS
- Maryland Charity Campaign Designation number is 0884.
- National Capital Area CFC Designation Number 28785 for the Washington DC area only.
- Central Maryland CFC or Western Maryland CFC, please look us up in the alphabetical listing catalog.
CIRCLE OF SPONSORS – BANNERS
If you own a business in Frederick County, please consider becoming a member of our Circle of Sponsors. For a donation of $200, a circle membership includes the following:
- A 2ft tall X 3ft wide, full-color banner placed in the riding ring for two years
- The cost of the banner with your logo and any pertinent information that you want to include.
- Visibility of your message to several hundred visitors each week who participate in the Program.
- Mention in THE HELPING HAND that you are a Circle of Sponsor supporter
DONATE YOUR VEHICLE
Click on the CAR ICON or call 1-877-999-8322
MEMORIAL GIFTS, BIRTHDAY OR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Making a donation to our therapeutic riding program is a fitting tribute on a special birthday, a big graduation or as a memorial to a loved one that has passed away. Make checks payable to “Frederick County 4H Therapeutic Riding Program and mail to our address on the HOME page or click “DONATE”.
THE FREDERICK COUNTY 4H THERAPEUTIC RIDING PROGRAM FUND at the COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF FREDERICK COUNTY
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of citizens with disabilities with a positive and lasting change consider making a donation to our FUND held at the Community Foundation of Frederick County. Visit there website www.frederickcountygives.org.
HORSES, TACK AND EQUIPMENT
If you would like to donate a horse, tack and/or equipment, please see WISH LIST page on web site