The Frederick County 4H Therapeutic Riding Program emphasizes the importance of teamwork
along with an individual’s potential, horsemanship, independence and education:
- We instill a respect between humanity and animals and our interdependence.
- We welcome our citizens of diverse needs from all races and cultures with an equal and
safe recreational experience.
- We encourage family support, community cohesion, and social inclusion as a
cornerstone for the success of our program.
- We value and respect our stakeholders: the volunteers, donors, and recipients of our
- We value the expertise and knowledge of our therapists who share a common goal with
our organization to promote a bonding and healing experience through equestrian
- We support the education of our riders by teaching the concepts of horsemanship,
responsibility of caring for another life, and realizing the rider’s full potential.